With less than five weeks until Christmas, now is the perfect time to write your gift shopping list. With catalogue after catalogue arriving in the mail, full of amazing gift ideas, it's easy to think of a gazillion gifts you may want to buy for your sister, your friend, your husband or your kids. But looking through every glossy page, you soon realise there are very few ideas around for babies. Baby's first Christmas is really special, so here are a few ideas for Christmas 2015 that mum will love.
1. Soft Toys. Bring the joy of Christmas to the face of a little one with a toy to love and cherish for years to come. Safety first when it comes to choosing a baby toy. The first thing a baby will do with a new toy is put it into its mouth, so you need to choose wisely. Be sure that your gift meets Australian safety standards. We suggest a soft toy for baby with no loose or detachable parts (including batteries) which can be a choking hazard. Don't always trust a cheap toy. As they say, you get what you pay for. Don't risk buying a toy produced with nasty filling or hazardous dyes. Our pick for 2015 is the Australian-designed Maud n Lil Bunny. Every Maud n Lil toy is made from 100% Certified Organic Cotton with natural cellulose filling fibre.
2. Baby Massage Oil. Babies love massage as much as we do. As well as relaxing baby, gentle massage can also strengthen the bond between between mother and baby. Baby Massage Oil can be used directly on baby's skin or added into baby's bath (a few drops). It can really help to calm and soothe baby before sleep, which is as much a gift for mum as it is for baby. We love La Clinica Organic for Baby Calming Massage Oil with Organic Jojoba Oil and certified organic plant extracts of Chamomile, Calendula and Frankincense. The Aromatherapy Company Therapy Baby Nourishing Lotion is also ideal for massage as is Thurlby's Essential Baby Calming Touch Body Massage Bar.
3. Summer Clothing. With Christmas heralding the arrival of a long hot Australian summer, mum will really appreciate some quality, comfortable summer clothing for baby. On a hot day, a nappy is sometimes all that is required on baby's bot, so how about some gorgeous bloomers and a matching top? Sapling's super-soft heart bloomers and tops are just the thing. Not only are they right on trend, they're also designed in Australia, made from 100% Certified Organic Cotton and dyed with 100% GOTS approved water based dyes. Great for baby and great for the environment.
4. Bibs. Bibs. Bibs. If you're a practical gift-giver, you can never go wrong with bibs. As a mother who had a baby with severe reflux, I can tell you first hand that a new mum can never have enough bibs. Alimrose offers a really beautiful range of chevron-patterned bibs. These bibs offer vintage appeal with current styling and are available in four different colours. Each bib has the bonus of a matching bunny rattle. So adorable!
5. Complete Gift Sets. If you're feeling overwhelmed by your enormous shopping list and you just want the decisions to be made for you, then perhaps a Gift Set is what you're looking for. A Gift Set is a thoughtfully selected, arranged and packaged set of complimentary gifts. As a huge fan of The Aromatherapy Company, I'm really taken by the Therapy Baby Gift Set - a retail size Botty Balm, Soap Bar and Bamboo sponge packed neatly inside a reusable wooden box. And best of all, mum can also enjoy the pampering with her own Therapeutic Gift Set containing a Therapy Hand Cream, Soap Bar and Bamboo sponge.
They're my Gift picks for 2015. I hope these ideas may help to make your Christmas shopping expedition a little easier. Avoid the hustle and bustle of the bricks and mortar shops and begin your Christmas shopping right here, right now. With free luxury gift-wrapping and reliable delivery it couldn't get any easier.Continue reading